Re: [mowbot] Legal stuff

Raymond Skarratt u (skar9500 nospam at mach1.wlu.ca)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 20:12:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 robin nospam at acm.org wrote:

> I do think we need to take a few steps to safeguard the spirit of this
> project. If some random person reads our musings and feels enthused to
> go and build himself a mowbot, that's great. If he decides he's going
> to set up a factory and make millions, then gets an injunction against
> our web site because he's registered the name Mowbot, I won't be happy.

I second that. I would be really upset actually, almost to the point of
a suit. To me it seems obvious now what we are doing and that we have
come up with this idea.

> We should at least be copyrighting our posts, so whatever distribution
> we do agree is backed up by copyright law.

I agree. Is there anyway that I can add a line to everyone's posts
through Majordomo to do this automatically?

Ray.
> --
Copyright (C) 1996 R.A. Skarratt <skar9500 nospam at mach1.wlu.ca>
All rights reserved.