Re: [mowbot] Blades and string

John D. Sotack (sotackj nospam at frontiernet.net)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 07:32:47 -0700

You might be able to provide some protection for the "cutter" by placing a
gratting of parallel members over the blade. The spaces between the
members would be parallel to the direction of motion of the mowbot and
spaced closely enough together to prevent a finger from entering. Grass is
in general pretty thin in both directions. A thick blade of crab grass or
a weed might no be easily cut though unless the leafy portion rotated to
fit between the slates.
John