Re: [mowbot] cutting

Dave Everett (Deverett nospam at vir.idx.com.au)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 21:09:57 +1000

Dominic Peterson wrote:

> >> Dave Everett <Deverett nospam at vir.idx.com.au> wrote:

> >I tried a hedge trimmer about 3 months ago when another roboticist I
> >know was thinking of using one on a robot mower. The results were no
> >good,
>
> I think the problem here is that a hedge trimmer was designed (hopefully)
> to trim hedges and not cut lawns so the sizes/tolerances etc are all wrong.
> See my previous post for some "off-the-top-of-my-head" dimensions for a
> comb type cutter.

Hey I hope you have some success with your experiments, no one seems
very keen on using a high-speed blade here (except me <g>)

One other advantage to a high-speed blade that I haven't mentioned is
that you can suck the clippings into a catcher.

Dave Everett Email: deverett nospam at idx.com.au
(c) 1996 - Copyright remains with the author unless explicitly stated

Do you like my signature Dominic >;-)