Re: [mowbot] platform

Monta Elkins (Monta nospam at vt.edu)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 09:33:08 -0400

LIFE IS MEANINGLESS, WHY BOTHER wrote:

> I haven't heard anything definite about the base for the mowbot
> (please correct me if this has been decided)
> The three wheel design is probably the best I've heard.
[snip]

I was thinking that maybe there is an existing commercial
base we could appropriate. It would make construction
a lot quicker and easier. I was looking at the children's
battery powered riding machines. They come in a variety of
shapes and sizes, price $150 - $200 U.S.
(although they are commonly available on the 'yard sale'
circuit)

Any other ideas for 'existing platforms' we could steal?

-Monta Elkins

| "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is |
| for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke |
| Monta nospam at bev.net ----------------- http://www.bev.net |
| System Administrator - Blacksburg Electronic Village |