Re: [mowbot] budget

Monta Elkins (Monta nospam at vt.edu)
Wed, 25 Sep 1996 08:48:15 -0400

Raymond Skarratt u wrote:
> > Anyone got figures on power output from $100 of solar
> > array?
>
> Not totally sure but I got some cells that are about 4"X6" and run at
> about 6V and in the .5 amp range I think. These cells were at a surplus
> store in Toronto and they were less than $25.

Could you double check on current cost and power? Thanks.

This seems like a priority 3 item to me;
Mowbot _could_ work well without solar power,
and would be a good place to save $$.

Of course it would be an easy add-on.

(Jump ahead envelope straching here)

Using Robin's figures of 6 amp draw and a 2:1 charge rate;
we'd need 3 amps nospam at 12Volts. Thats 12 panels or $300
for solar charging.

-Monta Elkins

| "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is |
| for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke |
| Monta nospam at bev.net ----------------- http://www.bev.net |
| System Administrator - Blacksburg Electronic Village |