RE: [mowbot] motors

Michael Davenport (michael.davenport nospam at
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 10:32:37 -0400

Clyde, most robotics hobbyists use automotive power window motors. They're
12 VDC, worm-gear driven (lots of torque), enclosed in plastic, and pretty
near indestructible. There are several electrical surplus stores on-line
that sell them for about $35.00 US for two. Also look at for gear-head and worm gear 12 VDC (among
other voltage requirements) motors.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mowbot nospam at [mailto:owner-mowbot nospam at]On Behalf Of Clyde
Sent: Monday, September 27, 1999 5:06 PM
To: 'mowbot nospam at'
Subject: [mowbot] motors

Anyone have a good source of traction motors?