Re: [mowbot] test

adamdb nospam at juno.com
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:58:57 -0500

I am as well, although I think yours is the first message I have received
since subscribing.

Anyone out there have a working mowbot that they would like to share
specs on? I am currently working on one utilizing the following:

Power: 12v 5A battery
Drivetrain: Two car power window motors with worm gear.
Cutting blade: Nylon blade adapter intended for use on string trimmers.
Cutting motor: Not sure yet, but probably a car heater fan motor or
similar.
Brains: PIC Microprocessor
Grass cutting pattern: Random
Obstacle avoidance: ??? Suggestions??? Probably a combination of buried
wire for perimeter sensing and touch sensors to avoid obstacles in the
middle of the yard.

Seem reasonable?

On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:32:16 -0500 rick nospam at enrnews.com writes:
> At least a little I'm still listening

Adam Bryant (age 0x23)
abryant nospam at peaktech.com (work)
adamdb nospam at juno.com (home)
Parker, CO, USA
Robotics, RC Airplanes, anything using a PIC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]