Re: [mowbot] Lawn Ranger Articles

Dave Everett (deverett nospam at idx.com.au)
Mon, 18 May 1998 22:03:37 +1000

At 10:33 PM 17-05-98 -0400, Gary Toering wrote:
>I hope you will post the article. Even if it is not a good project, it could
>serve to seed some other ideas. If you need help (OCR or editing) let me
know
>and I'll see if I can be of any use.

My main concern is that there is virtually no valuable information to those
interested in constructing a lawn mower robot in the late 1990's. A
secondary problem is that my scanner is smaller than A4, and some of the
images and schematics are A4 in size. I could go to a lot of trouble to
patch together these schematics, but they are thoroughly worthless.

I promise that each synopsis will contain all the details. I have left out
details of the circuits because they are simply impractical now, but I will
post the block outlines that may be of some use.

There are several photos in the first article showing the sensors and
cutters, but believe me, you can glean nothing from these photos. In fact
most of the images are schematics or photos of the finished boards,
obviously this is useless to us, and a serious strain on my website space.
I would rather fill it with details of other participants projects than
this article.

Don't give up though Gary :-) Wait till the last summary and see how you
feel then.

Dave Everett

Mowbot Project Website
http://www.idx.com.au/~deverett/mowbot/index.htm