RE: [mowbot] Cordless lawn mower modification.

Dave Everett (deverett nospam at idx.com.au)
Mon, 11 May 1998 21:49:17 +1000

At 07:08 PM 09-05-98 -0700, you wrote:
>---Dave Everett <deverett nospam at idx.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Of course _green_ clothing or blankets could fool the system, but
>there has
>> to be some limit to the sensing systems.
>
>Actually most of green clothing or blankets will not fool the system
>because of distinct grass texture.

I was commenting on using green light reflection for grass detection, I'm
sure your vision system would be much more robust.

Do you have a web page on your work?

>Patch of artificial grass or good
>realistic oil painting of grassy hills of Ireland cut out of frame and
>casually left on the ground, would get mowed right over.

Sounds like hard work. I'm going to have to pick up all those Irish
landscapes I keep on the lawn ;-)

Dave Everett

Mowbot Project Website
http://www.idx.com.au/~deverett/mowbot/index.htm