RE: [mowbot] The dark age

Dave Everett (deverett nospam at idx.com.au)
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 21:18:28 +1000

At 07:58 AM 27-04-98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, Dave.
>
>My name is Mike Ross, and I currently receive this mailing list on my work
>account, mross nospam at outland.jsc.nasa.gov. Could you please change this to my
>home account, mross nospam at ghg.net?

Hi Mike, I tried to email you some time ago about your differential GPS
experiments. You sent me some code in an email but it got destroyed in a HD
crash.

I'd like to put that code and your experiment on the website.

On the mailing list: I don't have control over it. You will have to
unsubscribe and resubscribe manually.

>I have a robotic lawnmower project, it has been quiescent for a year while I
>was distracted and then my computer died. Anyway, my design philosophy is
>teleoperation, not autonomy, so I'm a little different than others on this
>list. It's still my belief that any autonomous mower must be able to always
>not disturb a baby in its path with its mother and a personal injuries
>lawyer handcuffed to a nearby tree,

Hehe! Of course it wouldn't matter if it was just the lawyer

>otherwise the manufacturer is subject to
>court action. I'm hoping teleoperation will shift the responsibilities to
>the operator, like automobiles. My design problem has been the lack of
>reliable video links between the remote camera and the control station
>inside the house. My next goal is to combine three frequencies (900 MHz,
>1.2 and 2.4 GHz) to see if video null spaces can be eliminated.

Perhaps you could contact a local amateur television group and get their
assistance in boosting your signal. I understand there is an amateur
license that can be obtained for higher wattage transmission.

Dave Everett