Re: [mowbot] RoboMow

Dave Everett (deverett nospam at vir.idx.com.au)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:13:36 +1000

At 01:37 PM 10-10-97 -0500, you wrote:
>Here is a site with a new commercial robotic lawnmower (and a few other
>goodies). At the rate I'm designing my mower, I ought to buy it. :-)
>
>http://www.friendly.co.il/

It looks terrific. I hope it's more successful than the solar mower, and
that will depend on the asking price. I've sent them an email asking the
relevant questions and will post them when available.

>From what I can see there are 3 bumpers and 2 ultrasonic transducers on
the front.

I also noted the robot vacuum cleaner under development, as it happens I've
been constructing one of my own while I've been in a lull with my Mowbot
development.

I'll also be posting my boundary-wire system in the next few weeks, it's
not as spectacular as I'd planned but I discovered I am incapable of
winding 2 coils the same :-(

Dave Everett.