[mowbot] Dave's motors

robin nospam at acm.org
Sun, 1 Dec 1996 13:10:43 GMT

Dave wrote:
> Yep, something simple so we can get started. I've ordered 2 DCM-64
> gearmotors from All Electronics Corp, I just can't wait any longer <g>.
Hooray!

>From http://www.allcorp.com/MOTORS04.html:
CAT# DCM-61 $17.50
ASMO brand 12 Vdc, reversible gear-head motor.
Right-angle drive gearhead motor originally designed for
automotive applications where lots of torque is required.
175 RPM nospam at 12 Vdc, 1.5 amps (no load). Works well
from 6 to 24 Vdc. 10mm diameter X 15mm long dual
flatted threaded shaft (thread pitch 1mm).
Overall dimensions: 6.5" long X 2.75" X 3.5".

Dave wrote:
> They may not be the perfect motor, and as Robin pointed out may not take
> kindly to continuous operation, but comparable motors here cost about
> $150 each and I have to wait 6 weeks for the gearboxes to be made
Let's hope they do, because in other respects they sound ideal.
And as you say, the price is right!

Robin.

--
Copyright (C) 1996 R.M.O'Leary <robin nospam at acm.org>  All rights reserved.