Re: [mowbot] What Happened???

Dave Everett (Deverett nospam at vir.idx.com.au)
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 10:25:43 +1100

KEN_REED nospam at hp-boise-om2.om.hp.com wrote:

> Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
> Greeting Fellow Mowbot'ers,
>
> What happened to the traffic on this issue?
> Did everyones lawn stop growing?

Hopefully, everyone is working on their own ideas for the Mowbot ;-)

I'm still waiting on that part to connect the weedtrimmer head to the
motor
:-(
It was finished several weeks ago, but one of the taps broke off inside
the grub screw hole and meant the part was ruined, so it had to be made
again.

I've also been sourcing sensors for the inclinator and compass. I found
a combined 3d inclinometer and digital compass, but the price was about
$800!

I still think the most important stage is to get some motors so a
chassis can be built. So if anyone has found a source for cheap gearhead
motors with a speed of 30-60RPM, let me know.

--
Dave Everett                                Email: deverett nospam at idx.com.au
(c) 1996 - Copyright remains with the author unless explicitly stated