Re: [mowbot] motor power

William J. O'Reilly III (pookie nospam at techinter.com)
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 23:17:58 -0500

At 11:28 AM 9/27/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>At this point we need another experiment: just how powerful a
>>motor do we need to move the (unknown) weight of the Mowbot over rough
>>grass at (say) 0.2m/s against the (unknown) drag of the cutting device?
>
>That drag of cutting will not be constant either. We will probably want to
>sense the speed of the cutting motor. When it slows down due to heavy or
>wet grass patches, the drive wheels can be slowed to compensate and avoid
>stalling the cutter.

Assuming a finite electric power supply, one should design a control circuit
that would take into account:

Power Available = Power to wheels + Power to blade (or some other cutting
device?)

I am new to this group and am curious how far the group has gotten in
deciding the design goals. Is this supposed to end up like the lawn mowing
robot at Epcot in Disney, Orlando, Florida?

Bill O'Reilly
William O'Reilly
pookie nospam at techinter.com