[mowbot] cordless crewdrivers

robin nospam at acm.org
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 01:35:28 +0100

"Dana Gould" <dgould nospam at usa1.com> wrote:
> Regarding motors. My first thought is to get a couple cheap
> cordless screwdrivers. They're geared down, have a far amount
> of torque, and operate from 6V, 9V, 12V, or 14V (though the
> cheap ones are usually only 6V). You'd probably want to
> gear it down one more time, but I think a couple of them
> should be sufficient for a mowbot.
I had a look at some in various catalogues. There's an amazing one
with 22.5Nm torque, 50--350rpm, but the downside is the price: 204 UKP
(306 US$)! There are some more modest ones that might do the job, but
they are all much more expensive than just buying the motors themselves.

btw, all along I've been converting all my currency ammounts to US$,
assuming everyone else could do their own conversions from there.
I didn't think until just now that there are other sorts of $ about.
I hope you guessed what I meant.

Robin.

--
Copyright (C) 1996 R.M.O'Leary <robin nospam at acm.org>  All rights reserved.