Re: [mowbot] Test Post and Introduction of new Member

Dave Everett (deverett nospam at idx.com.au)
Sun, 16 May 1999 22:17:13 +1000

At 11:15 14-05-99 -0400, Michael Davenport wrote:

Welcome to the list Michael,

>My Project Plan:
>I am planning and designing a radio controlled lawn mower. Not exactly a
"mowbot", I know, but my design has some very positive features, and I hope
that you will all help with your input. The biggest reason I want mine to
be radio controlled is safety. As long as one has to babysit it (steer it)
one should be able to avoid hitting obstacles - I am thinking about adding
an additional radio "kill button" for added safety.

Several members are taking the same approach. I believe one member was also
mounting a camera and transmitter to his mower so he didn't need to follow
it when it went out of sight.

Dave Everett

Domestic Droids Website
http://members.xoom.com/Mowbot/