Re: [mowbot] blades, drives

adamdb nospam at juno.com
Tue, 4 May 1999 11:23:54 -0500

At least at our hobby store, the cost differential is not that much. I
can get an 8x6 nylon Master Airscrew for around $1.70. The Master
Airscrew props are also extremely tough (much more so than the flimsy
rubber band props). The edges are also fairly sharp and should be
re-sharpenable to an extent.

Another problem with the rubber band props is that they will distort
badly if spun over a few hundred RPM. A nylon Master Airscrew can be
spun to 20,000 RPM and still be the same shape as when it is standing
still.

On Tue, 4 May 1999 10:56:36 -0500 (CDT) Bug Hunter
<bughuntr nospam at one.ctelcom.net> writes:

> On Tue, 4 May 1999 adamdb nospam at juno.com wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ever tried just using an R/C airplane propellor as the
> cutting
> > blade? That way you get both the lift and the cut with one cheap,
> easily
> > replaceable item. You can also get them in a variety of sizes and
> styles
> > (including 3 bladed versions).
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >

> I think an R/C propellor is expensive. How about a rubber band
> airplane
> propellor?

Adam Bryant (age 0x23)
abryant nospam at peaktech.com (work)
adamdb nospam at juno.com (home)
Parker, CO, USA
Robotics, RC Airplanes, anything using a PIC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]