RE: [mowbot] Cordless lawn mower modification.

Rick (rick nospam at enrnews.com)
Fri, 8 May 1998 14:32:27 -0500

Did you think about just measuring distance to objects. Seems to me I have
seen some consumer level digital readout tape measures. Seems that would
be cheaper and less data to work with than full video. Might be cases
where there would be enough data to find the mowbots location, but there
should be some knowledge of where the mowbot has come from. Just a
thought.

Rickle Pickle (8<{))

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Bailey [SMTP:bbailey nospam at avana.net]
Sent: Friday, May 08, 1998 2:24 PM
To: mowbot nospam at swan.ml.org
Subject: Re: [mowbot] Cordless lawn mower modification.

That's interesting. I had originally approached a similar idea using
ultrasonic beacons in the yard, then triangulation. I later decided that
the ultrasonics wouldn't work too well - too much noise interference.

So, are you planning on triangulating on these object (play set, house
wall, etc.) to some sort of map of the yard? If so, is this unique to your
yard, or general purpose?

Ben
Ben Bailey
917 Stream Valley Trail