Re: [mowbot] Motto

Byron A Jeff (byron nospam at cc.gatech.edu)
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:04:47 -0500 (EST)

> Monta Elkins wrote:
> >
> > "I am not afraid of spending months of effort
> > to avoid hours of work."
>
> HAHAHA! Now if that isn't the truth I don't know what is :-D

This is true to a degree. But I observe a few things:

1) The "months of effort" part is a hell of a lot of fun! I've been scouring
the Home Depot, along with hobby and electric supply places for parts. I've
also been scrounging around the net looking for ideas. And destroying old
equipment looking for parts is the best!

2) The "hours of work" is absolutely miserable. Mowing grass is as close to
drudge work as you can get. I barely tolerate it by listening to cool Jazz
CD's while I work. But it ain't fun by any stretch of the imagination.

3) We have the inventor's heart. We like to tinker and think it's really
cool when one of your own creations works the way we wanted it to. We
build things even in the face of commercial stuff because we want it better
and cheaper. Especially better.

BAJ