Re: [mowbot] Web exploration

Dave Everett (Deverett nospam at vir.idx.com.au)
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 21:44:11 +1000

Byron A Jeff wrote:

> The last interesting and inexpensive motor I've seen is from BG Micro
> (http://www.bgmicro.com catalog is in PDF format). 12V 8A stall, 3.5A
> continous unloaded. No torque specs available. 1/2 inch long 1/8 diameter
> shaft. $4.95 each.

I DLed the whole PDF catalogue. Unfortunately, it is just a motor, not a
motor and gearbox, so it would be neccessary to track down a suitable
gearbox and primary gear for the motor shaft.

> I'm figuring that I can get the battery, base and motors for under $100.
> Any clue to guage the run time say for 3 motors (two for drive, one for
> cutting?) May be easier simply to get the setup and do empirical tests.

Empirical is best, all the simulation in the world is only worth 5
milliseconds of real world trials.

--
Dave Everett                                Email: deverett nospam at idx.com.au
(c) 1996 - Copyright remains with the author unless explicitly stated