Re: [mowbot] cutting

Dominic Peterson (d.peterson nospam at qut.edu.au)
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:56:54 +1000 (EST)

Dave Everett wrote:
[snip experiment idea for comb cutter]
>Hey I hope you have some success with your experiments, no one seems
>very keen on using a high-speed blade here (except me <g>)

I'm certainly nervous about releasing an autonomous device with a cutting
edge flying around!

>One other advantage to a high-speed blade that I haven't mentioned is
>that you can suck the clippings into a catcher.

The only time I use a catcher on my yard (lawn is too lofty a description
for the green mess around our house :-) is when I haven't mowed for a while
and the clippings are too long to leave lying around. This shouldn't be a
problem with Mowbot because it's cutting all the time.

Ooh, nasty thought that just occurred. How does the 'bot know to come in
out of the rain. I'm in Brisbane, and when it rains, it RAINS. Do we
simply (!?!) make the whole thing weather resistant/proof. Do we give it a
rain detector?

>Dave Everett Email: deverett nospam at idx.com.au
>(c) 1996 - Copyright remains with the author unless explicitly stated
>
>Do you like my signature Dominic >;-)

Where have I seen that before? :-) I added the (c) on following some of
the discussion in the "Legal" thread. Never hurts to cover yourself.

Dominic Peterson Email: d.peterson nospam at qut.edu.au
(c) 1996 - Copyright remains with the author unless explicitly stated
-- All opinions are mine and do not reflect those of the University --