Re: [mowbot] Legal stuff

Jeff Sampson (jeffs39 nospam at skypoint.com)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:57:35 -0500

Raymond Skarratt u wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996 robin nospam at acm.org wrote:
>

> > I do think we need to take a few steps to safeguard the spirit of this
> > project. If some random person reads our musings and feels enthused to
> > go and build himself a mowbot, that's great. If he decides he's going
> > to set up a factory and make millions, then gets an injunction against
> > our web site because he's registered the name Mowbot, I won't be happy.
> >

> I second that. I would be really upset actually, almost to the point of
> a suit. To me it seems obvious now what we are doing and that we have
> come up with this idea.
>
> > We should at least be copyrighting our posts, so whatever distribution
> > we do agree is backed up by copyright law.
>
> I agree. Is there anyway that I can add a line to everyone's posts
> through Majordomo to do this automatically?
>
> Ray.
> > --
> Copyright (C) 1996 R.A. Skarratt <skar9500 nospam at mach1.wlu.ca>
> All rights reserved.

Gee, wasn't there already a "MowBot" or "MoBot"? It was on the cover of
Popular Mechanics or Popular Science or Radio Electronics or such. And I'm
sure that is what it was called one of the two. So the name probably is
already registered, a long time ago.

--
Jeff Sampson  Minneapolis, MN, USA
(Toshiba T6963 and EPSON/SMOS SED1330 LCD Controllers)
jeffs39 nospam at skypoint.com
http://www.skypoint.com/~jeffs39