Re: [mowbot] budget

Raymond Skarratt u (skar9500 nospam at mach1.wlu.ca)
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 19:55:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Monta Elkins wrote:

> robin nospam at acm.org wrote:
>
> > ($600). That's about my own expectation of cost too. I propose this
> > as an upper limit on the budget.
>
> Sounds reasonable to me. Anybody for $500?

Orginally I was sort of thinking of in the $350-500 range CDN$ (we get
approx. $1.35 for an US dollar here. I think a UKP runs around $2.15 CDN
or so...)

> > plus the external recharging station with its expensive solar cells
> > makes 7.
>
> I move that "solar" be an optional component.
> I don't think solar power will put a dent in our
> energy budget.
>
> Anyone got figures on power output from $100 of solar
> array?

Not totally sure but I got some cells that are about 4"X6" and run at
about 6V and in the .5 amp range I think. These cells were at a surplus
store in Toronto and they were less than $25. I think that two of those
would do the trick...

Ray